Saturday, May 9, 2009

Chair Makeover



Before
After

I felt like I was back in Cleveland last month when I stumbled upon a big pile of furniture and trash on the side of the road.  For those of you who don't know how they do it out there, they can throw away anything and everything they want on trash night.  You just put everything by the curb and they will pick it up!  My friends and I had a fun time going trash hunting on various nights and found some pretty good finds!  And this month was just that!!  I had been looking for a chair for the boys' room and even the consignment stores wanted $20 at the least and I wanted a better deal than that.  I knew I would probably be redoing the chair anyways so I wasn't too picky.  I drove past the pile of trash once and was tempted to stop but I didn't until the next day.  It was still there and I decided to stop and maybe go and ask.  When I pulled over I realized that the house was empty and I took that as fair game on the leftovers! I grabbed the chair and took it right home.  And with $5 later, we have a funky green chair that is going to look great in their new room!

No comments: